Our guest, Erica Halverson has created 100% hemp paper and is consistently developing new product ideas. Erica has worked in marketing and branding for a number of years and set off on a new path to help save the world. Erica introduces her journey to us and shares some of the challenges she has had to overcome in order to accomplish her goals. Tune in, join us, and learn what you can do when you push the limits of what seems possible!
Did you know:
- Hemp paper can be whitened without bleach but instead using hydrogen peroxide, a natural substance which doesn’t poison waterways.
- Hemp paper can last 100’s of years longer than wood-pulp paper as it doesn’t decompose nearly as fast and doesn’t yellow with age.
- Hemp contains low levels of lignin (organic polymers found in the cell wall of plants), and high levels of cellulose, making it easier to process into paper than trees.
- Hemp is ready for harvesting in 90 – 120 days and grows from 10 – 20 feet tall vs. trees taking 20 – 50 years to cultivate.
- Hemp can revitalize the earth, save our trees, increase the capabilities of our paper and utilize waste all while it heals the mind body and soul. We think this is all pretty freaking awesome! –TinyePaper.com